10 Emergency Must Have Items for your Wedding Day: The Ultimate "Swag Bag" Bridal Clutch

Fellow Brides,

As a newly engaged bride myself, I recently started planning my wedding. I first made a list of things that are most important to me for this wedding. As a makeup artist, I realized that my personal look & pictures have to be perfect. After all, how will I peach what I do not practice. I cannot be a makeup artist and personally have bad makeup. So my biggest focus for my wedding has been my look, outfit and photography. I want to look perfect in my pictures, especially as I realized that I have to look at these pictures forever. So I started to put together the perfect outfit & look for myself. Midway through my project, I started to think about all the things I have seen gone wrong at weddings. So I started to put together the perfect emergency kit/bridal swag bag (that I plan to make my Maid of Honor carry) to avoid all kinds of issues that might happen. I wanted to share with you my kit, in the hopes that it helps you as well. Enjoy!

1) Concealer: This is my #1 recommended product for a bride (especially if you might cry). I personally love the LA Girl HD Concealer. It is small, effective and does not break the bank. Any mistakes (eye liner smudge or runny mascara) can be covered up very quickly with concealer by dabbing some on and slowly blending from the sides.

2) Lip Tar or Gloss: Lip color is the first makeup to come off, especially after eating or your "first kiss". I wouldn't call this an emergency product, but an absolute must in your purse.

3) Lash Glue: Lashes might come off if you rub your eyes, cry or if they were not put on properly. Hang on to some lash glue just in case. My recommendation is Ardell Glue.

4) Translucent Setting powder: If you notice that you tend to sweat a lot or lose some of the natural freshly done makeup look very easier, sometimes primer & finishing spray is not enough. Carry some clear setting powder with yourself. This will clean up any tired or sweaty look each time you apply.

5) Blotting Paper: If you have oily face like myself, shine control is an issue for you. Carry some blotting paper in your purse just in case.

6) Blush Stick: This is not a must, but if your face seems to eat blush and not have the same glow, then look into getting a blush stick. This will definitely help with the pictures. Most blush sticks are small and can easily fit into your clutch. I recommend NYX blush sticks. They are easy to apply right from the stick, and can be blended in with your fingers.

7) Bobby Pins: Carry some professional bobby pins in your purse. Professional bobby pins are MUCH better than regular, as they do not easily come off. My recommendation is Diane bobby pins. However, they are difficult to find as they are usually not sold to the general public. If you are hiring a professional hair stylist for your big day, just ask them for a few extra bobby pins.

8) Hair Spray: More specifically, carry some Finishing Spray. Lightweight finish spray, that can be purchased in travel size, makes a huge difference, especially if you notice your curls or updo coming out (which can happen from excessive touching/movement/etc).

9) Needle & Thread: Of course we pray that this will never happen, but just in case of an accidental tear of your dress, give some needle/thread to the handiest of your bridesmaids with some sort of sewing skills.

10) Detergent Stick: My advice to all brides is to stay away from RED wine, but in case the inevitable happens and you find yourself with a stain on your beautiful dress, carry a Tide Stick that can come to the rescue.



Comments

  1. Allyseek is a global matrimony website intended to help you find your life partner. The matrimonial platform connects people from different nationalities and races from anywhere in the world. Trusted by millions of Brides & Grooms globally. Register FREE!.
    Visit: Kuwait matrimony

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts